[VHFcontesting] rover /r

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] rover /r
From: Alan Larson <wa6azp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 10:25:56 -0700
  Ok, I'll confess.  One rule I don't understand is:  Rovers MUST sign
"rover" on Pone and /R on CW and digital modes after their call sign.

  I don't see the benefit.  If a station shows up in a new grid, I should
know I can work him again, but I don't see a reason why he should be
required to include that information as a modifier of his call sign.

  The rule change in the UHF contest to allow a rover to exist in a single
grid is good, it corrects a basic flaw of the previous rules.  (What if
someone is roving, signing /r, but never makes it out of the starting grid?)

        Alan