Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Yaesu FT991 upgrade

To: Jim Worsham <w4kxy@bellsouth.net>, John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Yaesu FT991 upgrade
From: David Carlson <fossil54@att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 05:54:27 +0000 (UTC)
Or you could get an older rig like an IC-746, put a panoramic adapter tap board
from G4HUP in it (easy, solder 3 wires), buy an RTL SDR dongle (< $20),
download HDSDR software (free), download Omni Rig control software (free) and
have a complete second receiver with spectrum and waterfall display on a
full-sized screen, independent tuning or with rig control. It won't have 432,
but it will be +3db versus the 991 on 2m TX.
Dave AA9D

    On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:58 PM, Jim Worsham via VHF