[VHFcontesting] iOS Logging Apps for Rover

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, rvhfg_general@yahoogroups.com, nf2rs@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] iOS Logging Apps for Rover
From: K2QO <k2qo@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 08:30:18 -0400
Hi Gang,

For many reasons including space inside the rover, station setup, and
interference issues with various chargers and computers including Lind DC power
and piles of ferrite, I've had to abandon computer logging in the rover for the
past 5 years. Manually entering 500 Qs after the contests totally SUCKS. My
ideal setup would be a simple iOS app for the iPad that would work like
RoverLog. Actually, RoverLog is perfect and is what I use to enter my log after
a contest.

The apps I've looked at all require 15 button presses to navigate a single QSO
entry and there is no time for that on the road. A super stripped down RumLogNG
could work or a roverized version of HamLog, but nothing I've tried is close.
If I spend a couple hundred hours developing an app for myself it is guaranteed
that someone will make the perfect app that far surpasses my effort :-)

My ideal setup would be:
An iPad Pro with a BT or Apple Smart Keyboard.
Networking is not required as the front seat is dedicated to 2M an the rear is
6/222/432.
Dupe checking is not a must.
Integration with the N3WG Piglet would be great for the back seat.
Band changes would be with a hot key or or dedicated buttons on screen are
fine. Would be nice if the radio followed a screen press to change bands.
Would be nice to have azimuth displayed all the time with the reverse bearing.
Logging sequence needs to be very simple. Call, grid, enter to log, leave call
in the window so touching another band button only requires another enter to
log for passes to new bands.
Keeps log in Cabrillo format
Uses GPS from iPad to fill in SENT GRID

Does anyone have or know of a possible candidate? It sounds soooo simple when I
list what is needed.

Mark K2QO
FN03ra