Re: [VHFcontesting] iOS Logging Apps for Rover

To: rvhfg_general@yahoogroups.com, nosigma@aol.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, nf2rs@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] iOS Logging Apps for Rover
From: K2QO <k2qo@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 08:07:36 -0400
Thanks John. While my current desire is to log the back seat in the rover like
a single op, and you'd think that would make logging easier, it is actually
problem due to passing to other bands. My UBN/LCR while roving shows a number
of wrong band entries. No surprise as I'm switching bands looking for passes
while my rover partner and I are yelling at each other to work XX on band YY at
freq ZZ while managing a pileup. It is easy to miss logging the correct band.

The perfect person to "fix" this is N3WG with his Piglet and HamLog but
modifying an app that 6 guys might buy is not good business, unless he charges
$400 per copy :-) He did have a Rover version out a while ago and I used it for
a 222 sprint while roving but near the end of the contest I fat fingered the
software and lost my log. He was nice enough to add a "do you really want to
delete this log?" Message that fixed that issue.

Mark K2QO
FN03ra