[VHFcontesting] Loop Yagi theory

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Loop Yagi theory
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 10:38:29 -0700
Hi does anyone know of a web site that explains why loop yagis are horizontally
or vertically linearly polarized ?

I recently gave a presentation to a local club on VHF and up weak signal
operating and when I showed pictures of one of my 1296 loop yagi antennas I was
asked if they were circularly polarized.   I don't think my answer that they
were sold to me by the manufacturer as being horizontally polarized and other
local hams use similar horizontally antennas, and as a result I'm able to make
contacts with them was quite what the audience was hoping for (although from
the perspective of getting on the air and making contacts I believe it was a
reasonable answer.)

The next time I give a similar presentation it would be nice to point people to
a web site that explains this in detail (:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.   (Some google searching didn't turn
anything up and reading thru the loop yagi section in my arrl antenna books
also didn't give me an answer.)

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ