Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter for 446 FM

To: "'Terry Price'" <w8zn54@verizon.net>, <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter for 446 FM
From: "Bill Rogers - K2TER" <k2ter@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:32:22 -0500
Terry,

That's a fantastic suggestion. Thanks!  I hadn't thought to look at the
ApolLO. 435-26 seems to be the right documented setting, as you stated. That
would place the IF at 37 for 446.  I wonder if there are undocumented jumper
settings to get it closer to 28.  Once I have an LO solution that works I
can select a transverter to "translate" up filterwise.  Older DEMIs with
interdigital filters can be tweaked and of course the cans can be retuned in
the newer ones.

Looks like you are solving for FM integration in an interesting way.  Sounds
like it's perfect for the equipment you have.  Since I have everything but
446 integrated I was considering a fall back to automatically switching the
headphones and mic to the FM rig (FT736R) when I selected the band in the
SDR UI. Maybe it'll come to that but for now I'm pursuing the xvtr path.

73 and Happy Holidays!
Bill
K2TER