Re: [VHFcontesting] MSK144 contacts in cabrillo

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] MSK144 contacts in cabrillo
From: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:43:37 -0700
Roger,

Thanks for the rational explanation. It's odd that cabrillo uses a higher level construct for voice communications (Phone) and a more specific format for digital communications (RTTY). Too bad RY isn't DT or something else to indicate and cover all digital modes. The cabrillo standard is rather limiting on mode, but it is what it is.

I've had issues with logging programs mapping PH to SSB when the contact was really on FM. I can usually sort that out with enough effort and a good text editor.

73, Bob K0NR