Re: [VHFcontesting] modes question, what do we log C4FM or DSTAR as?

To: Jim Worsham <w4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] modes question, what do we log C4FM or DSTAR as?
From: Bart Jahnke <bjahnke@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:08:11 -0500
Hi guys,

Here is the answer we used last year for D-Star inquiries where audio goes
into a microphone and exits via a speaker:

*D-Star is like any other phone contacts.  But, D-Star contacts in Field
Day MUST be Point to Point (aka  peer-to-peer) – NOT THROUGH INTERNET
GATEWAYS  and NOT THROUGH REPEATERS (with exception of Satellite
contacts).  All contacts must be via RF from station A to station B.*

Hope this helps.

73,

Bart Jahnke, W9JJ

Contest Branch Manager

*ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™*

*225 Main St*

*Newington CT 06111*

860-594-0232

w9jj@arrl.org