[VHFcontesting] 432 EME in the ARRL June contest.....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 EME in the ARRL June contest.....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 19:19:52 -0500
Hello to everyone in the 432 EME community....

This year, the ARRL June VHF Contest will be held June 10th and 11th. We want to work as many EME stations on 432 as possible to increase our grid count. Please help us with this event by working us on JT65b or CW. Thank you very much.

EU contests do not allow EME, but the ARRL contests do. EME is a nice portion of our scores, so we value every EME contact that we can get. Every grid worked on 432 will clearly be a rare grid for us, so give us a call.

There are new rules for ARRL VHF contests. Assistance is now allowed to everyone. The new rules for Assistance are extremely liberal....basically you can do just about anything, EXCEPT for posting any contact information. This means that we cannot post "Thank you" after a contact, because it confirms that the contact is complete. Please understand if we don't send you a thank you post. The rules just don't allow that, even though we do it routinely when not contesting.

We have only one moon passe this contest. Our moonrise begins about 0230Z on Sunday the 11th. This is a good time for us. It is in the middle of the night here, but for EU ops, it is in the middle of the morning, so you won't have to get up at some awful time at night. The only problem is that degradation is higher than I would like to see. Please don't give up on us just because the degradation is up. We can still work a lot of QSOs because we have QRO power and a big antenna. Our moonset is 1730Z.

We will be operating 432 at 432.080MHz this year, on Second sequence. Several ops have complained about nasty birdies on .070, so I decided to move up this year to try to help them out. If you only operate CW on 432 EME, please call us on CW. If we hear a CW caller, we will immediately switch to CW and work you on CW.

I would like to reach out to the 432 ops, in particular, because we would love to work you in our contest on 432 EME. The 432 EME station antenna is 16 x 28el M2 all Horizontal. The TX power is 1000W with a tower mounted cavity preamp. If you are 432 EME capable, please try to work us during the contest.

We will be using the N0UK EME-1 page for coordination as we normally do, so you can schedule with us there.

We will also be operating 2M EME on 144.142MHz, taking second sequence, with 8 x 18el M2. If you have 432 and 2M, please try to work us on both bands. Thank you for that.

Good luck to all in the contest and we hope to see you there.

Thank you.

73 Marshall, K5QE - EM31cj
www.k5qe.com
East Texas, USA