[VHFcontesting] 222 in the June Contest.....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 in the June Contest.....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 19:12:02 -0500
Hello to everyone active on 222. This year, the ARRL June VHF Contest will be June 10th and 11th. We want to work as many stations on 222 as possible to increase our grid count.....we are not picky, we will be glad to work you on 222 tropo, EME, or meteor scatter. 222 meteor scatter is a LOT easier than most folks think. SO, please help us with this event by working us on 222. Thank you very much.

For us, 222MHz has proven to be a "strange" band--full of promise, but there are not very many 222 ops active. We will cater to anyone that wants to work us. Our station is setup so that with just a couple of switches, we can change from tropo/meteor scatter to EME. I believe the secret is to use the PingJockey or EME-1 reflector. If you want to run meteors with us, just get with us on PingJockey and we can set up a sched. If you want EME, same story. This should minimize wasted time.

We have QRO power and 2 x 23 at 135ft for tropo or meteors. We have 8 x 222XP40s for EME. We operate on 222.085Mhz for both meteors and EME. If you are within normal meteor range, we should be able to work using MSK144, the new MS mode. In the early hours of Sunday morning, there is often good tropo out to 700-800 miles.

For single op stations, you can set up a sched with us on PingJockey and let MSK144 do the work on 222 while you S&P on another band. That works on 2M also.

I would like to see a lot more meteor scatter via MSK144 on 222. Please give us a try if you have a decent antenna and a couple hundred watts(or more) of power. This is an area of VHF contesting that is WAY underutilized. Thank you and see you this weekend.

73 Marshall, K5QE - EM31cj
www.k5qe.com

East Texas, USA