Re: [VHFcontesting] September VHF contest

To: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] September VHF contest
From: Nick Pick <nicolasgagnon@hotmail.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 19:50:43 +0000
Hi Sean, yes still thinking on how to improve, already know that I want a
second battery and probably a solar panel because there's not a lot of time to
operate on a saturday, and dismounting everyting when it's dark is a pain in
the lower region and probably focus on operating on sunday the next year, exept
january, I will be on our local mountain here so can go saturday and sunday...
For mast, I use 2x 10' of electrical metal tubing (forget in what material is
made) that I buy for 15$ each at Home Depot but with antennas, the thing is too
heavy and difficult to raise alone, I was lucky to have someone doing a sota to
help me raise it!
Will try to cut 1 tube at 5 feet and try to raise it alone, perhaps next monday
for the 144MHz sprints, but not sure yet... Yes alredy thinking and planning,
my next major move will be a 220MHz tranverter and antenna and after that good
coax and.... it's never ending hi hi, take care and see you on the bands!

Nicolas

VE2NCG

Le 12 sept. 2017 à 10:32, Sean Waite