[VHFcontesting] Thoughts

To: A VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 10:20:43 -0600
So I'm considering trying to mount a limited rove in. January.

For a rig I'll use my FT991.  However antennas is less than firm.   I have
a KB6KQ loop and a Diamond DPGH62, both I can easily get up @ ~20-22'.  Not
good choices, but any signal is better than no signal.

So I'm sorta looking at building a moxon, quad or equivalent. And I was
also just looking at commercial built as well.

Soooooo, I stumble across on DX Eng, an EAntenna 50DDO-R2.   It's ~sorta a
squashed down quad.  So I'm thinking about a slightly modified mounting
version. The short boom and height are pluses as I can turn is sideways in
transit.  My only real question is ..... Would a traditional dimensional
design be superior and if so, marginal or significant.