Re: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 11:25:24 -0800
Hi.   I'd be curious in hearing how things work out.   I typically run a 3
element yagi on 50 MHz for my Portable / Roving efforts.   Setup time
including a dedicated 20 to 28 foot mast and base is approx 20 to 30 minutes
(depending on my energy level, light levels, weather conditions, mast height
etc.)

I'm always interested in alternatives, my other 50 MHz roving antenna is a 1/4
wave whip which is not a great performer most of the time.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com