Re: [VHFcontesting] How to order

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] How to order
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:30:29 -0500
Actually, FT8 may be the perfect solution to my problem!

I wasn't active this contest because I was taking advantage of relatively warm (but still windy) conditions to do some urgently needed temporary repair work, trying to keep my antenna farm mostly intact through this unusual winter. In my 36 years of radio I have never seen a winter so devoid of days when one could to tower work in relative safety.

Since the move to FT8 has made 6 meters quite unattractive to me, removing the 6 meter antenna would lighten the load on tower, mast, and rotator, thus easing some of the problems I am fighting this winter. Hmm...

73,
Paul N1BUG