Re: [VHFcontesting] What separates a decent transverter from an awesome

To: Patrick Thomas <p-thomas@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] What separates a decent transverter from an awesome transverter?
From: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 03:55:39 +0000
I enjoy some of the features on the SG Lab transverters. You can set
jumpers to switch the LO, and output in a different part of the band
(moving from the sideband portion of 33cm to the FM portion, for instance).
It's easy to get either dedicated RX port or a split TX/RX port. 10MHz ref
is optional but as a dedicated port. Can be switched via RF or PTT (this is
debatable, since you're hot switching relays in this case I think).

The DEMI 3cm transverter I have has a nice relay feature, you can hook up a
24VDC relay as a T/R relay and drive the transverter with 12VDC, it'll fire
a cap to give the relay enough juice to switch even with only 12V in.

73,
Sean WA1TE