[VHFcontesting] W4OWL/R for June VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4OWL/R for June VHF
From: Detrick Merz <detrick@merzhaus.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 07:10:20 -0400
The wife (KG4IFR) and I (K4IZ) will be operating under W4OWL/R. This is our
second ever VHF contest, the first being the 6m sprint a few weeks back.
We'll probably do a lot wrong still, but learn a lot too. We will be
running APRS with regular status updates and the ability to receive
messages (if you can get them injected into the local RF), so please check
https://aprs.fi or your other favorite site for our current location and
status. Limited or no cell signal along the best parts of our route.

Saturday route: https://goo.gl/maps/SRSKkhr3r4H2

Saturday Schedule (rough):

FM18fc: 1800 - 1830Z

FM18 -> FM17 -> FM08 -> FM07: 1830->2115Z

FM07nx: 2115-2300Z

FM07 -> FM08pf: 2300-2359Z

Then camping (no generators after 7pm). Maybe limited operating early.

Sunday route: https://goo.gl/maps/qVQsppFdusE2 (stop&shoot locations not
precise)

Sunday Schedule: Times all depend on when we wake up, but the early and
largest number of hours will be spent in FM08 along Skyline Drive.

FM08pf -> FM08: Rove from campground heading north, stopping somewheres

FM09te: 60-90 minutes

FM19ed: until we get tired or give up

2200Z: Dinner then home

6M: KX3@10W, SSB, CW, FT8, 4el yagi