[VHFcontesting] Very poor contest in FN55

To: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Very poor contest in FN55
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:20:42 -0400
Made only 19 QSOs in 11 grids on 2m. Conditions were variable
Saturday but good peaks with signals from FN20/21 running S7 to S9
for several minutes at a time.

Activity seemed very low. I listened several times Sunday and heard
no more than one or two stations which I had already worked Saturday.

Was activity really this low or was it that people were spending a
lot of time on digital?

I'm now going to wait and see where we are before adding more bands.
If SSB/CW activity in contests has taken a big hit, I see no point
in adding 222/432. Those bands would have been useless this time as
it would have been impossible to find stations to run bands with.

I remain interested in getting on 1296 regardless, since that is
unexplored territory for me. But that is still one to three years
away. I have the transverter and amplifier but need antenna, preamp,
and better feedline.

I find myself more and more disillusioned with operating and am
becoming more of an experimenter and explorer.

73,
Paul N1BUG