Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 144.174 FT8 activity

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 144.174 FT8 activity
From: Walter Murphy <n2wm@centurylink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 13:03:08 -0400
I second the opinion expressed by Ron WZ1V

Walt  N2WM

On 7/12/2018 12:42 PM, Ron Klimas WZ1V wrote:
I now have FT8 capability HF through 432.
It's my least preferred mode.
*IMO it's a "necessary evil" to have or be left out. *
If you operate 6M you know what I mean.
One thing I'd really like to change is 144.174.
Who was responsible for choosing that ?
Way too close to the SSB-CW part of the band.
Disputes already started with a long-time 144.175 SSB Net.
I'd like to start a campaign to move it to 144.165.
That's where it should have been to start with.
Who else agrees? Thoughts?
-73 Ron WZ1V