Re: [VHFcontesting] 2018 June VHF Contest - Preliminary Resu

To: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2018 June VHF Contest - Preliminary Resu
From: Detrick Merz <detrick@merzhaus.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:52:54 -0400

and Sean Waite, WA1TE, wrote:
> I've been working on it. I almost had another rover...

Here are some thoughts from the new guy on getting others interested: the
wife and I did our first rover outing for June VHF this year. We only
halfway knew what to expect, and have a ton to learn. In the end, we had
fun, but I don't feel like we did it right, and don't entirely know why
we'd want to do it again. Not that we don't, but I can't come up with any
reason why. So there's perhaps one thing to do to get others interested:
convince me that I should do rover (again).

And here's the other part: how I even got started to begin with. I learned
it was even a thing through Reddit after reading a post by KA5D. If you're
not familiar, there's an Amateur Radio subreddit (
https://reddit.com/r/amateurradio) that discusses any and all things ham
related. Reddit has a generally younger crowd, and is probably a very good
place to go trying to get others interested.

-detrick
K4IZ