[VHFcontesting] 422-449 MHz UHF being jammed by Fallon NAS/FTTR.

To: "Wswss@mailman.qth.net" <Wswss@mailman.qth.net>, VHF Reflector <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, Pacific NW VHF Society <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 422-449 MHz UHF being jammed by Fallon NAS/FTTR.
From: K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 22:40:15 +0000
Good Morning Folks,

I have lived in Northern Nevada since 1977 and current reside in Silver
Springs, DM09jh.

This morning was getting ready to resume tuning a new 20 ele 222 yagi I
finished building yesterday. Popping thru the memories on the IC706mkIIg IF
rig as I passed 432.100 SSB only to find it being jammed with some
wide-band digital signal.

Looking at the interference I found the ENTIRE UHF BAND from 422MHz to
449MHZ being Jammed with suedo random Pulses that change in (1) Frequency,
(2) Amplitude, & (3) Duration.

Applying 20dB of attenuation I swept the Horizon from South through West,
North, East, and finally South. The Offending signal peaks around due east
which leads me to believe it is originating from either Fallon Naval Air
Station, Fallon NV or further East on the Fallon Tactical & Training Range.

I have heard all manner of strange signals from them over the years but
this is the first time they have laid waste to an ENTIRE Amateur Radio Band!

These signals are loud enough they should be heard for Hundreds of Miles!

If you have a UHF system fire it up and see if you can hear the racket
being generated from the Fallon EW Range, Due east of Fallon NV in central
DM09.

I'm plan to contact one of the officials on the EW range where I used to
work to report this.
It would help I had reports from others as well to show them how offensive
this is.

Thanks & 73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!