[VHFcontesting] K7XC 222 Spring Sprint

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC 222 Spring Sprint
From: K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 21:48:39 +0000
I managed to get the antenna finished to a point where it needed testing to
confirm the cross straps on the folded dipole were in the right place
before soldering them in place.

So I installed the antenna atop the tower trailer fed with a temporary
running CQ-106 RG-8 from the Wireman. I was able to hear the CN88 222
beacon at times quite well. The SWR is at the moment 1.2-1 so a bit more
tuning is required.

The 222 Sprint - Heard 0 Worked 0 Score 0!  I hoped to at least work the
locals who would need to aim my way due to the hills between us. Nope,
Nothing, NADA!

Nothing heard but the CM98 beacon all night despite rotating the antenna
and CQing on CW with about 15W. The two locals were never heard either.

Guess no one looked my way even though trying to announce being QRV on
several Lists and the CALI VHF UHF Contest Page.

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!