Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital Modes (FT8) in January 2019 Contest

To: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital Modes (FT8) in January 2019 Contest
From: JamesDuffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 09:14:52 -0600
Thanks for the comments Chris.

I don’t think it is possible to have a January contest where there isn’t some
major perturbation, usually caused by weather, but we shall see. I am willing
to buy you a beer if the present trend doesn’t continue through the future
though.

I am less concerned about the reduction in SSB and CW activity, but that is
troubling, than I am with the reduction in the higher band activity. I think
that was the case in much, if not all, of the country though, even those areas
which had good weather. - Duffey  KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM