Re: [VHFcontesting] Kenwood TS-940 hookup

To: <mikflathead@aol.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Kenwood TS-940 hookup
From: Jeff Berman via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 19:47:06 +0000 (UTC)
Mike, I’m going to take a shot at your questions, I think the TX output of the
transverter Jack is 100mW, so to use this you need separate TX RX on your
transverter.  I don’t know what the minimum power output of the TS-940 is with
the output power reduced is, but I use a Downeast Microwave AOS-28 on my FT-897
for 222 Mhz.   You can run 25 watts into the AOS-28 off the main coax connector
on 10 meters and it attenuates to 100 mW output, 5 watts gives you 20mW.  The
transverter jack on the 940 has a +12 at 50ma on it you can drive a small relay
to ground on xmit to key your transverter.
73 Jeff K9YR

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, June 22, 2019, 12:31, mike repinski via VHFcontesting