Re: [VHFcontesting] Pondering

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Pondering
From: Dave Clouser <dave@nz3m.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 19:04:01 -0400
These days, most new hams just go take the tech and general since they don't have to learn CW.

On 9/25/2019 5:38 PM, Dave wrote:
I'm a little confused by that statement. When I got a novice license in the early 80's we started with HF, it wasn't until I passed the tech exam that I got VHF privileges. Now everyone starts with tech privileges gets on FM, gets bored and upgrades to general to get on HF. It's those new hams that we need to reach. Also the guys that have been around for a while and are looking for a new challenge.

Dave
N2OA