[VHFcontesting] digital on VHF

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] digital on VHF
From: Dan Evans via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 21:35:14 +0000 (UTC)
I'm still on the fence with this one.
I like working FT8 and FT4, but...
I do miss working stations on SSB/CW.  For example, this past sprint I worked
10 stations, all on FT8.  I tried SSB from the start, but didn't find anyone in
range to work.  So I switched to FT8 and worked 10 stations.Now the twist;  I
am quite certain that I could have worked all 10 on SSB if they had been on.
The past couple of contests have been about the same story.
I'm not overly concerned with the speed of making contacts, but it seems a real
waste to work the next grid over on FT8...
73Dan
-- K9ZF  President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio Emergency
Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no budget
Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List Administrator
for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!