Re: [VHFcontesting] sloppy operating

To: Kim <whensley11@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] sloppy operating
From: K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 23:16:20 +0000
Hi Kim,

So Very True!

FT8 has taken over the world like a virus enters a body, first one, then
two, then dozens of affected cells, until the host is overcome and
suffering.

FT8 has a place, but that place is not to supplant ALL Amateur Radio Comms
World Wide.

Its a technological marvel yes, I use it to work new DX be it HF DXCC
countries or new VHF+ Grids..But...
I am still QRV on all the modes I used previously, nothing is more fun than
snagging a new one on the low bands on CW as no other analog mode has the
signal to noise ratio to make it happen. 2M CW EME in the 90s was a joy!

FTx started with great intentions but in many cases is now more CURSE than
Cure!

Your Mileage May Vary...

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!