[VHFcontesting] VE3OIL January Rove

To: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE3OIL January Rove
From: russell beech via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 03:00:45 +0000 (UTC)

   - Good evening all
I am planning to take the bottom ten bands out for a rove again this weekend.
I have spent some time with the DC distribution system and have at least
partially addressed the power issues I had in September.  I also found the
failed MIC wire in the 222 IF.
The bottom four bands are reliable 100 W performers, 903 and 1296 contenders at
10w with stable but more QRP systems after that.  I have been testing the White
box off and on for a few days, including having it cold soak on the balcony.
The PLL is currently well behaved.
I will have FM capability on all bands.  I will monitor 146.55 as much as
possible and support 52.525, 223.5 and 446 when requested.
I accept skeds, please contact me on ve3oil@yahoo.ca and I will return a list
of suggestions.  I will also send an 'I am on the air' text if requested.  I
can be texted during the contest on 289 775 9203.  I will attempt to post to
ON4KST.
Skeds and calling on 144.237.
My plan includes a reasonable amount of time for transits but there is an
increased risk that delays will result if the predicted weather shows up.  Two
of my preferred sites are already known to be closed and snow may affect
others.  I have alternates available.
73RussellVE3OIL/r

The times of fixed locations are expected to be:
SaturdayFN13ax    1900 to 2050FN14ba    2200 to 2350
SundayFN04xa    0100 to 0250FN03ag    1300 to 1350FN02ax    1500 to 1630EN93oc
 1940 to 2120EN92fn    2230 to 0030
Monday EN82ud   0200 to 0300

_._,_._,_Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1031) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic
| New Topic

._ ._.
The Ontario VHF Association supports Amateur Radio Exploration across Canada of
our frequency bands above 30 MHz. Please share your thoughts and ideas and
experiments with everyone.

NEWS & CONTESTS

2020 is 70 Years of the OVHFA!!
THE OVHFA CELEBRATES 70 Years in 2020. JOIN IN THE FUN and LEARNING !! WE ARE
RAC AFFILIATED and WILL ENTER IN THE ARRL VHF CONTESTS, AWARDS FOR ACTIVITY,
MEETINGS!!
***** 10 GHZ TRANSVERTER - GROUP BUILD PROJECT!! Coming Soon ... if interested
let us know if you want to join in !!

Ontario VHF Association - The Next MEETING will be after the January ARRL VHF
QSO PARTY in 2020!
Location VE3MIS Station.
2311 Anson Drive
Mississauga, Ontario

Read about VHF UHF in TCA "Six Metres and Down"
Please send your activity reports photos, write ups, post cards, or what have
you to VE3DS - This column is for YOU !! So please contribute and send reports
photos - all welcome!Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe
[rbeech2002@yahoo.ca]
_._,_._,_
      -
      -