Re: [VHFcontesting] Arrow Antennas for terrestrial work

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, Buddy Morgan <beamar@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Arrow Antennas for terrestrial work
From: Gregory Winters <greg_winters@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 03:13:34 +0000
I'd run mine outside for terrestrial if I wanted 2m SSB and 446FM. But the
cross-polarization loss on 2m having it the wrong polarization can be up to
20dB. And I bought it mainly for FM SOTA on both bands... I just have to turn
it sideways for 446 when I can on that band.

It was my contest antenna in the last VHF contest a week ago! Not by choice but
it worked.

Greg, K3RW