[VHFcontesting] CO80 activation, CQ VHF contest

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CO80 activation, CQ VHF contest
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:19:29 -0700
Hi.  I am planning on activating CO80 again during the first day of CQ VHF
contest next weekend.  I expect my main effort will be on 50 MHz, but I will
take some gear for 144 Mhz.

The site I have in mind has a nice shot towards the PNW and beyond but the
paths in other directions are sub optimal.   (If anyone is interested I have
some screen shots from PSK reporter after my visit in June that give a good
idea of the areas I can likely work if there is propagation.)

I have not decided yet if I will rove to other grids or not.   (My CN99 visit
during the June contest was a bit challenging due to the access road to my
usual summer operating site having been "de activated" and it was really more
of a 4x4 outing than a radio outing.)  There seems to be a reasonable level of
activity by others these days in CN89, and my prior effort(s) to activate CO81
during a contest did not yield many contacts.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com