Re: [VHFcontesting] FT4

To: "mark@alignedsolutions.com" <mark@alignedsolutions.com>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io" <WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT4
From: Randy Wing via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 17:58:11 +0000 (UTC)
I made one FT4 contact during the CQ VHF contest.  However I made dozens during
the June VHF contest.
Randy, N0LD, EM15JI Oklahoma City, OK

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:24 PM, Mark Spencer<mark@alignedsolutions.com>
wrote:   Hi I am curious to hear from anyone who used FT4 during the CQ VHF
contest.  I don't recall seeing any activity on the 50 MHz FT4 frequency
on my band scope  when I was in CO80 on Saturday, but I may have missed
some activity.  I did manage to detect SSB activity on various odd
frequencies such as 50.150 and worked stations so I believe I was keeping
a reasonable eye on things (:

I sort of enjoyed watching the band scope and changing frequencies from
time to time but it got rather hot inside the truck in the sun despite the
cool outside temperatures (below 20 degrees C) but air conditioning helped
at times at the expense of a somewhat higher noise floor.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com