Re: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT-897 For Sale

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT-897 For Sale
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 08:50:48 -0600
I'd buy it if I hadn't just bought one on eBay a couple months ago. Nice
portable radio.

I am working on a switching arrangement to decode the outputs of the
CAT/Linear jack in Linear mode to switch an external relay from the VHF
jack between 144 and 432 MHz antennas automatically. That will save some
time switching between beams in a VHF contest.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 8:56 PM Jim Worsham <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone. I have a Yaesu FT-897 (
> https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/0897.html) for sale. It
> includes the original power cable, hand microphone, owners manual and box.
> The radio has the YF-122S SSB Filter, YF-122C CW Filter and TCXO-9 .5 PPM
> TCXO installed. Also includes a CT-62 CAT Cable, Service Manual on CD, LDG
> FT Meter and LDG YT-100 antenna tuner. Everything is in good condition and
> works 100%. I used this radio on 6 before it became my station on 2. Worked
> a lot of grids on 6 and 2 with it but I have three other radios now capable
> of those bands so time to move this along to someone else to use. I am
> asking $900 for everything shipped in the CONUS. Thanks.
>
> 73
> Jim, W4KXY
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>