Re: [VHFcontesting] SO2R 6m/2m 6m causing S9 noise on 2m

To: "'Chuck Dietz'" <w5prchuck@gmail.com>, "'VHF Contesting Reflector'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] SO2R 6m/2m 6m causing S9 noise on 2m
From: <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:22:31 -0500
Hi Chuck,

I use a Comet CF-530 splitter's 1.3 -90 MHz port in front of my 6M
transceiver with a small 50 ohm dummy load on the unused higher freq output.

On 2M I was using a nice OCI bandpass filter. But now have a bigass 2M notch
cavity in front of my Elecraft transverter  so I do not need the OCI filter.
Had to go to that cavity when a repeater 300 feet away from me went on the
air. It would raise my s-meter noise floor by a couple of s-units.

My antennas are close , many on the same mast, but no problem doing dueling
CQs.  And I have a few other Comet or Diamond "duplexer/triplexers" on other
bands for protection. Inexpensive items bought on e-Bay.

73,
Chet, N8RA