Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8, digital, and VHF contesting....

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8, digital, and VHF contesting....
From: Jay RM <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:12:21 -0700
Zack, I haven't yet found a WSJT mode that could handle AU well (actually,
at all..).  Possibly the NEW (...another one ??) Q65 mode could work on 6M
since it's supposed to be relatively immune to doppler, but I suspect the
signal distortion would mess that mode up, also.

I doubt there is anything out there better than CW for AU on 2M and above,
although we all know that SSB will do the job most of time on 6 if the
operator is aware of what's going on and changes procedure a bit.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.