Re: [VHFcontesting] There is still hope on 6m

To: Wyatt Dirks <dirkswyatt10@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] There is still hope on 6m
From: wa2teo--- via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 21:43:09 +0000 (UTC)
 FWIW over 90 percent of my 6m qsos in June 2020 were on CW/SSB. With all bands
added in it was 6 or 7 percent on digital. With increasing use of digital
that'll likely go up in the future but it at least shares what I experienced
last June contest. I would say with marginal condx digital will make up a more
significant percentage of qsos.
I would also add that ft8 has brought in many new ops. If even some of them try
Ssb/cw because they have become interested in vhf contesting that is an
opportunity. The downside is what has been pointed out - it's become tougher to
run bands when experienced vhfers with bands beyond 6 spend most of their time
on digital.
Jeff K1TEO
    On Sunday, February 7, 2021, 02:51:51 PM EST, Wyatt Dirks