[VHFcontesting] Kenwood TS2000 ACC2 power out

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF Reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Kenwood TS2000 ACC2 power out
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:04:49 -0600
I wonder if anyone has come across this issue when using the Kenwood TS2000
on 6m FT8 or VHF meteor scatter.

I recently purchased a used Kenwood TS2000, made in January 2012.  I am
looking at getting it on FT8 and other digital modes, but have found a few
old postings on the internet stating that when using the ACC2 jack for
audio in on the digital modes, it takes 3 to 4 seconds to reach full power
on transmit.  I have had a TS2000 in the past and used it with a Signalink
USB interface and can't remember if this was a problem with it or not.

Is that a common problem for all TS2000s?  Did they fix it at some point
and does anyone know the serial number range or firmware version where this
issue was fixed?

73 John AF5CC