[VHFcontesting] Digital Modes

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Digital Modes
From: JamesDuffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:36:16 -0600
I must apologize to Marshall and the list for the e-mail I sent. I was still
working on it and it got sent inadvertently.  I usually attach my call to the
end of the message and I had not reached that point. My call is KK6MC. I rove
and do the writeup for the January contest. Since 2018, I have done an analysis
of FT-8 as a part of  the writeup.

My comments were intended to address the January contest only, and perhaps the
September as well. When analog QSOs are widely available, such as in June, the
use of FT8 is detrimental to rates. But, I think the claims that the use of FT8
in the January contest  has resulted in lower scores is not really supported by
data. More analysis in the writeup.

Again, I apologize for sending the e-mail prematurely and omitting my call. -
Duffey

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM