[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night

To: "newsVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 13:09:06 -0400
There was a movie out long ago, entitled "If its' Tuesday, it must be Belgium". It was a travel comedy that poked fun at what happens on  whirlwind tours of foreign countries.   Well it is Tuesday, and it must be 222 ACTIVITY NIGHT!

Last week was great. If you missed it on 222, you missed some early DX to be had on the VHF bands.  I sensed that we were getting into summertime conditions as signals did peak up quite nicely on occasion.  I am all set for this evening starting at about 7:00 PM local time. That is 23:00 UT on 11 May, 2021. It was tough for me to break away from my camp yesterday. The lake temperature has been going up fast, and the trout were just about jumping into my boat yesterday.  I am not kidding, the water surface was dimpled with rising fish all around me. Once I found the right fly, I had a strike on each cast.

So I gave up all that and came home to be a part of the 222 Activity Night festivities. The goal is to get on the air and work someone, anyone.  Ragchews are encouraged as are DX skeds. All activity is celebrated.  For my part, I will look for any and all callers, I'll monitor the ON4KST & HB9Q Chat pages.  At 2300 UT I will have my moonset window with my elevation at 10 degrees and falling. I will be on 222.080 JT65 2 nd sequence up to about 23:45 UT when the moon sets here. After that I will move up to CW and SSB near the calling frequency.

I hope you all can be QRV tonight and join the fun.

73

Dave K1WHS