Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night Announcement

To: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "newsVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night Announcement
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:56:39 -0400
Well, I missed it again! Nobody will ever accuse me of being an evening person these days. I am up at 3 AM (usually after sleeping very poorly) and dead by 7 PM when 222 Activity Night gets rolling.

I am around in the mornings now, mainly 2 meters but happy to do 222 or 432. I enjoyed a nice chat with Ron, WZ1V on 222 SSB this morning.

The new transverters for 144, 222 and 432 are great! I haven't got the GPS frequency reference hooked up yet, but am doing fine without it. I'm kinda bummed about the death of my 432 amp during the June VHF contest, but such is life. I am working people with my puny 25 watts.

Anyway... on 222 I have 800 watts to a K1FO-22 at 117 feet and am up for trying just about anything during the hours I can be quasi-functional. Actually it looked more like 900 watts now on the uncalibrated meter on the amp. I'll borrow the Bird 43 from 2 meters and see if somehow I really do have the extra bit of goo now or what. I don't know why it would change, it was definitely getting plenty of drive with the old transverter.

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55mf