Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity Night Announcement

To: Paul Wade W1GHZ <w1ghz.q@gmail.com>, N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity Night Announcement
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:17:42 -0400
I thought you were a bit weaker than W1AIM. Now I know why!!!

Dave K1WHS

On 6/30/2021 11:33 AM, Paul Wade W1GHZ wrote:
Conditions seemed bad last nite.
I realized this morning that the problem was a short between the headphones.
I was turning the wrong rotator.
Sorry Ron

73
 paul

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, 09:57 N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com <mailto:paul@n1bug.com>> wrote:

    Well, I missed it again! Nobody will ever accuse me of being an
    evening
    person these days. I am up at 3 AM (usually after sleeping very
    poorly)
    and dead by 7 PM when 222 Activity Night gets rolling.

    I am around in the mornings now, mainly 2 meters but happy to do
    222 or
    432. I enjoyed a nice chat with Ron, WZ1V on 222 SSB this morning.

    The new transverters for 144, 222 and 432 are great! I haven't got
    the
    GPS frequency reference hooked up yet, but am doing fine without
    it. I'm
    kinda bummed about the death of my 432 amp during the June VHF
    contest,
    but such is life. I am working people with my puny 25 watts.

    Anyway... on 222 I have 800 watts to a K1FO-22 at 117 feet and am
    up for
    trying just about anything during the hours I can be
    quasi-functional.
    Actually it looked more like 900 watts now on the uncalibrated
    meter on
    the amp. I'll borrow the Bird 43 from 2 meters and see if somehow I
    really do have the extra bit of goo now or what. I don't know why it
    would change, it was definitely getting plenty of drive with the old
    transverter.

    73,
    Paul N1BUG
    FN55mf