Re: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: MAST FOR ROVERS

To: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: MAST FOR ROVERS
From: Jay Sturtevant <k2ztdx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 15:56:37 -0400
Chris,

Impressive rover-thanks for the links!!

The picture shows your rotator and mast without a thrust bearing, if I
am not mistaken. I assume you're using a design that does not exceed any
force limits. I don't have much experience with portable/roving VHF/UHF
operation, so I appreciate your help!

I am considering using a rotator with my Penninger mast and am
investigating  possible thrust bearing configurations.
I'll only mount three or four Directive Systems (7 foot booms-144, 222 and
432) beams on that mast.

Thanks!

Jay, K2ZT