Re: [VHFcontesting] Tuesday Activity Night Reminder

To: Lloyd - N9LB <lloydberg@tds.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Tuesday Activity Night Reminder
From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 22:43:35 -0400
Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for the note. I do run a kW on 6/2/70 and 250W on 1296 and I agree that
power helps. Indeed that is the reason I bought all my amps last year. I did
get an old Mirage 250W amp, but it never worked right and it puts out 30W. I
never took the time to fix it because I was thinking of getting a W6PQL amp for
this band. But when I look at the number of Q's I make on this band it just
didn't seem worth it. I work most guys even at low power during a contest when
I run the bands with them after getting their attention on 6 or 2. But on
nights like tonight some oomph would certainly help. :)

The other problem I have on nights like tonight is that no one points their
beam in my direction because I'm not in their directions to major ham
populations.

We'll try again next week and see what happens.

Thanks again for the note and 73,
--Alex KR1ST