[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night RADIOS

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night RADIOS
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:23:46 -0500
Another alternative to all transverters on 28MHz:  Back when I was
operating with the K3LNZ group, I ran the 2m station using a 28MHz IF.  I
think at least the 432 station (maybe one other) also used 28MHz.  To keep
the stations' IFs from talking to each other, I moved my 2m IF to 29MHz; no
circuitry changes were necessary, just another crystal for the LO.  What
made it even easier, I was using an HA2 Hallicrafters transverter which had
a front panel switch to select a second LO crystal.
73, Howard
WA3EOQ