[VHFcontesting] Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ Alive, not an SK

To: "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ Alive, not an SK
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 00:48:06 -0500
With great regret, I must apologize for a huge error. I spoke to Jimmy’s XYL,
Chris Long, who explained that Jim is alive and well, physically. He has been
suffering from some dementia and is currently undergoing treatment at a memory
center.

She has been communicating with some of his ham radio friends, and it seems
that someone misunderstood her reports about his health.

I apologize for the emotional distress that I caused. I should have verified
the reports directly with his family before passing along the news. I regret it
deeply.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
les@highnoonfilm.com <mailto:les@highnoonfilm.com>
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

NRC & IRCA Courtesy Program Committee Chairman
Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR,  AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP Duo, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy
Modified], Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps,
Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active
Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”