Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night

To: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night
From: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 10:38:07 -0400
After seeing KA6U's portabobble EME setup at CSVHFS in LaCrosse WI., I decided to employ checkbook engineering to duplicate it, and now have the same dish AZ-EL system here all checked out and working on the bench at least. The system is a Sub Lunar AZ-EL gear box controlled by a Green Heron dual AZ EL RT-21 controller.

I am perpetually curious about EME.  What kind of money are we talking
about for that folding dish, preamp, tripod, etc.?

My home is a very poor location for VHF+, but I own a pickup and go
roving so I could definitely take this kind of setup portable.  I'd even
be willing to rotate by hand if needed.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell