[VHFcontesting] WZ1V ARRL June VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WZ1V ARRL June VHF
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 10:40:46 -0400

3.4:
5.7:
10G:
24G:
-------------------
Total: 411 155 Total Score = 89,590

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Made the best of it with my 5 bands SSB-CW only. Had 1 FM Q, on 222.
222 amp blew days before the contest, so only a bit over 100 W there.
Saturday was like a desert on SSB and CW, only a bit of Es on 6,
and almost no one got off FT8. Sunday was a different story.
There was coastal tropo early morning but hardly anyone on to the south.
6M opened late morning at first to Iowa, then southern states.
By 2 PM it was pretty much done and the bands were again deserted.
Activity picked up again Sunday night. Worked as far as EN92 on 2M,
and had my best 1296 score since moving to the shore 14 years ago.
Anyway it's always fun to see who I can work - TNX for the QSO's.

73 Ron WZ1V