[VHFcontesting] It is 222 Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] It is 222 Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2024 12:17:05 -0400
Hi VHF ops

I am probably not going to make the activity this evening. The tower mtd box is torn apart and in pieces. I am looking for a reason why the thing is cutting out.  So far I cannot find a problem and on further examination the preamp seems OK.  (It helps when you set the NF meter to 222 MHz instead of 432 MHz!)  I have an after noon appointment for my truck so no time to haul things back up the tower  later today.

I need to stress test every component in hopes of finding a problem. The coax relay has about 100 dB isolation. I even tested between the TX and RX ports and that looks good.  I will put the old DEMI preamp back in and see if the problem goes away. I suspect an intermittent connection in the cavity preamp, but am really not sure yet. Very exasperating!

So the plan is for everyone to get on 222 starting after dinner and have fun until you drop.  Sounds simple enough.   We mostly use the ON4KST chat page for setting up skeds.   Use Region 2 144/432 MHz Chat.

73

Dave K1WHS