ARRL Log Problem.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: ARRL Log Problem.
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:48:00 -0600
Oops.

We found out we have a bigger problem than we thought with the way it
reports RST for the ARRL DX contest.  Its in both CW and SSB.

When you make the ARRL.TXT, it leaves any received RST's
blank. We will fix this the problem. Here is a little program to fix
the ARRL.TXT file.

Its at:

        http://www.contesting.com/writelog/Downloads/fixarrl.zip

The instructions are inside the zip file. But they're short:
****
The program FIXARRL.EXE is designed to fix ONE problem with
WriteLog version 8. The file that you get when you create
an ARRL format file has blanks where it should have the
received RST.

This program is a DOS program.

This program finds the blanks and converts them to "59"
or "599" as appropriate.

Instructions:

In WriteLog, open your ARRL log.
do a Multipliers Score...
check the "ARRL format ...in ARRL.TXT" button
click OK.

Now you have a file named ARRL.TXT in your \ham\contest directory.

copy the attached file, FIXARRL.EXE, to \ham\contest

make a DOS window and type the following:

fixarrl arrl.txt arrlfix.txt

The new file, arrlfix.txt has the RST's fixed.
****

We are very sorry about this and we will have it fixed
for future ARRL contests...

  73, de Ron & Wayne
WriteLog Ver-9 coming soon, with many new options never seen before
in any S/W in any mode of operation. (You will love it.) :-)
                  "See us at Dayton Booth No-311"
WriteLog Contest S/W for Windows: (RTTY,CW,SSB,w/Sound Board Voice Keyer)
Ron Stailey, K5DJ                 http://www.contesting.com/writelog
504 Dove Haven Dr.                E-Mail: k5dj@easy.com
Round Rock, Texas 78664-5926      Phone: (512) 255-5000
WriteLog/Rttyrite Reflector:      majordomo@larry.wu3v.net
RTTY/CW/SSB S/W in one package - Visit http://www.contesting.com/writelog