[WL-USERS] Newbie CW Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] Newbie CW Questions
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 05:22:15 -0700 (PDT)
I'm new to WriteLog, trying quickly to climb the
learning curve (read the entire help file last night)
and had a couple of simple questions about sending CW:

1) If I bring up the cw keyboard window, are
characters transmitted as I type them, or do I need to
type a function key or "Enter" or "Ins" afterwards to
actually send them out the parallel port?

2) Am I correct in assuming the function keys are not
preconfigured for any given contest, and that I have
to set each one up (e.g., for WPX CW)?  Anyone have
suggestions for function key assignments for this
weekend?

Thanks much for any help,
Barry  N1EU