[WL-USERS] COM port cards - ByteRunner and ???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] COM port cards - ByteRunner and ???
From: sporten@ns.net (Steve Porten KN6OX)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 20:05:57 -0700
Jim

I am using a LavaPort650 PCI card with 2 com ports.  All I did was plug it in
and
loaded the drivers.
It took no effort on my part to configure it.

I run 4 com ports (2 on board and the 2 LavaPort) at the same time most of the
time.  Com port 1 uses IRQ4 and is used by HyperLog to control my radio, Com
port
2 uses IRQ 3 and is used by my TNC on the DX spotting cluster, Com port 3 IRQ 10
is used by my 56k modem connected to my ISP and Com port 4 also on IRQ 10 is
used
by my WX200 Radio Shack weather station that up dates my Web Site with current
conditions every 30 minutes

My computer is a Pentium II 400 running Windows 98 and is networked to another
computer over a 10baseT Lan.

--
Steve Porten KN6OX
http://www.ns.net/~sporten