[WriteLog] Kenwood (and other) Connectors

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Kenwood (and other) Connectors
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:08:09 -0500
I really like this idea for just about any rig. I may do it for the Packet and
RTTY connectors on my FT-1000MP. Keep in mind, however, that on some rigs [like
my trusty TS-930S] the connector on the back of the radio has a built-in
switch, which will remain activated whenever the breakout box is plugged in,
somewhat altering the state of the rig.

<Hey Guys, Doug (KF4KL) came up with a good solution to the TS-850 accessory
connector problem and I followed suit a couple of years ago. We brought the
accessory connector cable up to a shielded box with RCA jacks for the
connections. I even put an A - B switch on mine so that I could choose between
TNCs. It's now a simple matter to change TNCs or reconfigure the station. A
little extra work now will save a LOT of frustration later.>

73,

Jim K1IR